Monday, January 9, 2012

Vintage Coats

You probably don't know this about me (unless of course you live in my home town...and go to my church) but I have quite a fetish for vintage coats !!

It started many years ago when I added this lovey to my wardrobe:



I was working at Nordstroms at the time and was out rummaging through thrift shops with a friend of mine when I found it. (Yes, even when I was at "Nordies", and before shopping at Good Will was trendy, it was one my favorite haunts.) I instantly feel in love with the big wide collar....the way it lay on my shoulders...and then I saw the label...


It was sewn in upside down....but never the less, it said Best Apparel...The company that Nordstroms purchased when it started venturing into the apparel market...I had to have it!

I loved the way I felt when I wore it....Glamorous, artsy and a little quirky all at the same time...It said Denise!  :)

Since the I have added a few more to my wardrobe....

This is my most recent purchase...I found it at the GW for just under $10.00...
I was giddy for a week!!  You can't beat the price...Yes, the pockets are ripped and there are a few moth holes but the color green is awesome and you could probably sell the way cool buttons for $10 each.  I believe the fur is mink.



This lovely teal coat was also a GW find, priced at only $7.00.   The lining is in good shape and my boys say the collar is probably raccoon.
It has 3/4 length sleeves and big purple buttons!



Here is a close up of the buttons...Don't you just love the texture!?!




  My girl friend purchased this coat from a thrift shop, in Kingston, but decided she didn't like the fit, so she past it onto  me...The rabbit fur collar is so soft...Thanks Paula!!!  :)

Ok, here's one I know nothing about...the lining is totally shredded but I loved the texture of the fabric and again the price was right so I bought...I think my kids hate this one most of all.  :)  But to be honest they don't care for any of them....Oh well these coats, kind-of grow on you...or not!

I also have a "big E" Levi jacket that was my dads but that's another post!

Have a great week and thanks for visiting!
Denise
I will be linking up to many of the "Link Party's" on my side bar...do check them out they rock!!!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I was swooning over the green one until I saw the incredible cream one with rabbit fur. So gorgeous! Jay Manuel has something similar in his new clothing line but it's not anywhere near as lovely as yours~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the blue wide collar coat is my favorite. I too have a thing for vintage coats. They need their own closet they are so special.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vintage coats. I love the first one, the collar is amazing. I had a vintage coat that I gave to my daughter, think easter egg green, (you'd wear it to church at easter) three quarter length sleeves, mid sixties I'm guessing. I'm your newest follower, hope you will stop by we'd love to have you as a follower, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise, all these coats are to die for. We have a few places here in town that sell vintage clothes and these would cost a great deal more than you paid for them at GW. It's nice to know that they have gone to a good home. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!