Monday, January 16, 2012

Picture Frame Dry Erase Board

I first saw this done at brown paper packages and thought "What a Brilliant Idea"!! 

It seems that everyone in my house hold has something to express...Not to mention, I had two picture frames  (I purchased this summer for under $5.00) that were just waiting to be updated!!


So I got to work....



I first tore them apart, being careful not to loss any of the tiny little screws (they all went in a glass).

I then sanded the finish....just enough to ruff it up, so that the  paint would stick.. 


Both frames were kind of beat up, but I decided that added to the charm....So I choose not to fill any of the marks!  I painted them with  KRYLON'S Dual Paint Primer in a wonderful "Cherry Red". 

I then cleaned the glass and sprayed two coats of KRYLON's indoor/outdoor gloss in Ivory on ONE side of the glass.  (When putting the glass back in the frame make sure the painted side is on the backside...so you write on the glass not the paint)!!!
Here are the results....


Pretty nice if I may say so myself!!!  :)
(The other one is off to my church for the preschool)



So this is what's on it right now...the news keep promising us snow...so....
"LET IT SNOW"!

I will be linking up to many of those way cool (get it cool...snow...) link party's on my side bar...check them out you won't be sorry!!
And as always...
Thanks so much for visiting!!
Denise

5 comments:

  1. great idea! I found your blog on tip junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing, please come back Wednesday night to relink where you will get a lot more traffic. I surprised and confused everyone with a linky party on Monday on a specific subject--stretching our creativity with a few specific challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found some frames... What a great idea! And those are beautiful snowflakes on yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!